Thursday, December 24, 2009

So you're probably wondering...

what is a 'Gina' anyway? And what does 'The Gina Life' actually mean?
Well I understand completely. My name is not Gina. And frankly, I don't really know any by that real, birth-given name. For you the reader to really understand this blog, you must understand my terminology. Girls are ginas, guys are ginos. It's kind of like saying "sheila" and "bloke" if you're into that awesome Aussie slang. So basically a Gina/o is solely a person, either male or female. The two terms could be used negatively, positively, or neutrally. Here's an example:

Positive: "Gino over there is really good lookin'" or, "That Gina is such an awesome dancer, I wish I could prance around like her"
Negative: "That Gino professor is completely bias" or, "Gina be trippin'!" ;)
Neutral: "Hey, Gino/a, want to go to the movies with us?" or, "All the Ginos and Ginas were over last night."

Now comes the special part: the alternative spellings. Gino can be spelled "Jeenoh" and Gina can also be spelled, "Jeenuh". These terms are really reserved for the close ginos/as in your life. Someone has to be a good friend, and a special person to be called a Jeenoh or Jeenuh, and it's quite an honor.

So yeah, hope that clears some things up. I've been using these terms forever, and they catch on everywhere I go. I named this blog "The Gina Life" because I am just a normal, college girl, who will touch on probably hundreds of topics interesting and informative to the rest of my gino/a peers out there. The more I blog on, the more you'll learn about me, but for now, it's Christmas Eve, and I believe there are carols to be sung, cleaning to be done, baked goods to be made, and baby Jesus to be praised. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment